CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information in the United States. The firm has developed a number of extraordinarily successful, industry leading products that provide our clients with highly detailed commercial property, availability and transaction data. Clients in the U.S. and U.K. use our software tools to aggregate this information on their own in an effort to understand market conditions and trends, develop strategies and assist their decision making.
Over the past two years, CoStar has invested more than $1 billion to create the industry-leading marketing platform for apartments. This investment has also revolutionized the nature of the apartment information CoStar can offer to its information consumers. Today, CoStar collects more than 30 million rent observations per month and maintains a dataset of more than 400 million rent observations, positioning CoStar as the essential provider of information and analytics on multifamily trends via the CoStar Market Analytics (CMA) product.
To deliver this information, CoStar employs a growing team local Market Analysts responsible for the data integrity, analysis and written commentary for their market.
This position will be located in a CoStar regional research center in Atlanta, Georgia.
* Analyze commercial real estate market data and draw insightful conclusions.
* Stay informed and up-to-date on office and apartment market activity.
* Regularly review CoStar data for accuracy, timeliness and quality.
* Maintain well-written, timely apartment and office market and submarket reports.
* Provide support for the overall Market Analyst group on other activities performed by the group.
Skills and Experience:
* 1+ year of work experience with a good knowledge of real estate
* College degree in economics, finance, or real estate; graduate degree preferred
* Demonstrated writing skills and ability, including the ability to write effectively and in large volumes
* Understanding of economic theory and principals and their application to the real estate industry
* Strong data and analysis skills, including Excel and MS Office
* Good communication skills, including the ability to formulate ideas and opinions using the data and communicate them effectively.
* Client orientation, a desire to help clients succeed.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing