Adobe is seeking a senior storage engineer / architect with top-notch technical skills to design, build, and administer SAN storage to support the Adobe IT infrastructure needs. This individual will be part of IT Hosting and Cloud Platform Services team. The Storage Engineer will perform SAN support activities such as SAN technologies evaluation, design future storage technologies, performance management, capacity management, etc. The storage engineer will work closely with system, database and SAP administrators and different IT business teams in designing and architecting storage solutions to meet their business requirements. He will also ensure all underlying SAN storage is configured and are performing optimally to meet specific application and business function needs.
- Design/Architect/Implement and manage cost effective, high performance, highly available and scalable storage solutions for business applications using Hitachi SAN arrays, Brocade fabric switches, etc.
- Understand the storage marketplace and utilize unique technologies across storage and fabric vendors to design multi-vendor storage solutions based on Adobe business requirements.
- Analyze and resolve problems involving interaction between applications, server hardware/firmware/OS and storage by working with cross functional teams and equipment vendors.
- Support Hitachi storage systems by responding to incidents, restoring service as quickly as possible, and investigating root causes for outages and maintaining incident logs.
- Contribute to a variety of documentation such as strategies, plans, designs, configuration standards, metrics, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues directly or indirectly related to storage systems from an end to end perspective.
- Manage, monitor and optimize enterprise wide storage capacity to ensure available capacity where expected.
Skills and Requirements
- BS degree (or equivalent) and minimum 10 year's experience in storage administration. Candidates should have prior extensive experience working in a large SAN production support & mission critical environment.
- Experience with architecting, deploying and managing high end and midrange storage platforms like Hitachi Data Systems G series (G600, G800, G1000), VSP's, HUS etc. Brocade Fabric Switches (DCX series)
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with Hitachi Universal Replicator, Shadow Image, Hitachi Dynamic provisioning, Universal Volume Manager are required.
- Hands-on experience with SAN storage management product, Hi-command device manager, tuning manager will be required.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing Fiber channel SAN fabrics with Brocade DCX switches and solid understanding of FC protocol in general will be required.
- Solid experience with volume management software and file systems i.e. Veritas Volume Manager, DMP, VxFS and other multi-pathing software across heterogeneous operating systems
- Strong exposure and hands on experience with IBM AIX, Solaris, Linux, VMware and Windows operating systems. Exposure to IBM p8xx, VIO, LPARS, NPIV preferred.
- Knowledge of different disk and file systems performance measuring and benchmarking tools
- Candidate should have good handle over the requirements gathering, designing, planning, problem solving, technical analysis of business problems and presenting it to management
- Analytical ability to resolve complex issues in a fast paced and challenging SAN storage environment is needed.
- Hands-on experience of Veritas clustering, RAC or other High availability solutions.
- Shell scripting experience will be an extra advantage.
- A prior experience in supporting ERP, Oracle, CRM, DW and other enterprise applications system & storage infrastructure will be a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on . You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the and explore the meaningful we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.