Portfolio Manager II
The Portfolio Manager II role will be responsible for managing portfolio of existing relationships for customers with revenue above $20MM to ensure ongoing profitability and complete conformity with credit terms. This role will ensure the sale of additional financial services and will maintain a basic understanding of commercial, economic and financial circumstances and how they impact the customers and prospective customers under their management. The role will also coordinate with key internal partners to support servicing of existing customer base.
Successful incumbents have excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver verbal and written presentations, strong attention to detail, drive for results, decision quality, dealing with ambiguity, presentation skills, business acumen and negotiating skills.
Portfolio and Risk Management:
- Retains and manages existing loan portfolio supporting three to four Relationship Managers. Takes ownership of all reviews and renewals for existing credit customers; portfolio includes complex accounts.
- Formulates an opinion of whether such relationships should continue to be an acceptable risk.
- Decides loan terms and conditions, if within own credit limits or makes recommendations to appropriate authority.
- Develops and maintains direct relationships with customers including an effort to call/contact; target a minimum of twice per year in person contact.
- Provides oversight and guidance to credit support in underwriting for renewals and reviews. Provides qualitative input for RECAP creation.
- Works in conjunction with manager to prepare for and present at loan committees and credit quality reviews as applicable.
- Coordinates with Loan Closers to facilitate closing of renewals or amendments.
- Adheres to Risk Management policies and guidelines, i.e. regulatory compliance, portfolio and credit quality, and portfolio management.
- Assists with monitoring existing loans to ensure compliance with terms of loan agreement and recommends corrective action on variances.
- Identifies & resolves operational and credit issues with loans held in portfolio.
- Manages all non-loan credit and product risk products for existing clients, including treasury (ACH, Business deposit capture, etc.) approvals and documentation.
- Manages ad hoc and regulatory reporting within existing portfolio [both internal and external requests].
- Monitors, tracks, and assists in the collection of past due loan payments, exceptions, overdrafts, and maturing loans.
- Provides day-to-day servicing of portfolio including credit risk monitoring.
- Conducts interviews to develop information concerning the nature of the customer's business, financing or other needs.
- Identifies and closes appropriate incremental financial solutions with the goal of retention and expansion (cross sales).
- Retains existing portfolio and associated profitability.
- Additional Duties
- Promotes public bank image by being involved in meaningful community and business development activities, as appropriate.
NorthPark Offices8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Completion of a Commercial Credit Training Program AND 2 years of experience in commercial underwriting, credit and/or lending OR 5 years of experience in Lending or Credit
- 2 years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel Power Point and Outlook
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.