Independent Bank Corp/Rockland Trust is currently seeking a Senior Vice President and Chief Internal Auditor.
Rockland Trust is dedicated to our customers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, standing as the sole bank subsidiary of Independent Bank Corp. (NASDAQ: INDB). We offer a wide range of banking, investment, and insurance services to businesses and individuals through retail branches, commercial lending offices, investment management offices, and residential lending centers located in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as well as through online, mobile and phone banking.
The Chief Internal Auditor will report to the INDB/RTC joint Audit Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the continuation of the comprehensive audit program as well as the development, implementation, and administration of comprehensive risk management and compliance programs with the function's scope.
The Chief Internal Auditor is responsible for the supervision of auditing staff, the development of audit programs, conducting audits individually or in a team structure, executing audit plans and finalizing audit reports that detail findings and corrective actions. The Chief Internal Auditor is also responsible for performing special investigations as requested by the Audit Committee and or management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, organization, direction, and control of audits for the Company; develop risk based audit objectives, design audit programs and schedules, including audit hours necessary for timely completion audits.
- Ensure audit programs achieve objectives to safeguard Bank assets and ensure compliance with and stays informed of all policies, procedures, federal and state laws/regulations applicable to the job.
- Make recommendations to management to mitigate risk in the areas of preventative actions, policies, procedures, documentation, or capitalizing upon other opportunities where the Company can improve upon its operations and internal control.
- Work closely with Bank Officers to provide consultation and best practice advice with respect to Company operations, financial accounting, and internal controls.
- Ensure that high risk products, services and processes of the Company are audited on a regular basis and perform unannounced "spot" audits when necessary.
- Coordinate audit plans or programs with external audit firms or regulatory examiners.
- Maintain accurate and current audit procedures, programs and related documentation.
- Review weaknesses identified by Internal Audit, examiners and other third parties to ensure management's corrective action is appropriate and effective.
- Report to the joint Audit Committee the results of audit reviews. Together with recommended courses of action, to strengthen any weaknesses uncovered in an audit.
- Ensure that high standards of examination are followed by the auditors of Rockland and IBC in order to provide professional audit coverage.
- Seek ways to improve the Company's internal audit practice, audit program approaches, audit efficiencies, and ongoing effectiveness.
- Ensure that the proper level of staff training including professional certifications is maintained in order to comply with audit standards. Engage in a co-sourcing relationship in additional resources and/or expertise in is necessary to complete the audit plan.
- Maintain advanced knowledge and awareness of financial industry audit control and trends.
- Oversee special projects and/or investigations as they arise.
- Directly supervise Assistant Director of Internal Audit and IT Integrated Audit Officer.
- Perform performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervise the daily activities of department staff including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training; arranges daily department workflow to ensure audit schedules and deadlines are met.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Accounting, Information Systems, or related degree. A graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive business professional experience, in all Internal Audit responsibilities, including leadership responsibilities.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other relevant professional certification is required.
- Knowledge of Retail Banking products and applicable regulatory requirements.
- The candidate must have a strong and experienced functional knowledge of Bank financial accounting, operations and lending functions and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Company operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for one or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail along with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit and business management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from business units, board of directors, management, or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, examiners, and board of directors.
- Sound independent judgment and a proven reputation and track record for acting with complete confidentiality and the highest integrity and professionalism.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.