Rockland Trust Company is looking for a seasoned professional to develop and maintain commercial business focusing on small and middle markets.
We offer an extensive and highly supportive branch network, competitive products and pricing and exceptionally strong local operational support to help you achieve your business development objectives.
- Develops and services a wide variety of secured and unsecured loans or lines of credit, most of which involve large amounts of money and important customers.
- Attend to the needs of customers seeking loans or lines of credit on terms that involve significant amounts of unsecured funds and/or credit secured by mortgages or other collateral.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their businesses, needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
- Guides the credit department or junior officers in the development and analysis of financial background data for new or renewed loans.
- Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits, or makes recommendations to a superior.
- Follows current loans and credit lines to ensure complete compliance with terms.
- Gives financial advice and counsel to customers and prospective customers.
- Studies industrial, commercial, and financial situations relating to new or existing businesses.
- Makes recommendations on financial and organization structure, locations, and other matters on which the company may have information.
- Participates with senior officers on larger loans and lines.
- Keeps informed as to the status of loans in the department.
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Understanding and experience working with credit documentation a must
- Must be able to perform general office duties, including but not limited to maintaining supplies and distributing communications when needed
- Demonstrated ability to review and evaluate documentation for risk
- Related experience with regulatory, compliance and due diligence requirements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Understanding of Bank operations and familiarity with the credit process
- Strong organizational, reasoning and communications skills
- Self motivated and independent with the ability to multi task, balance a demanding work load and meet critical deadlines
- PC skills including Word, Excel and Power Point are a must
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Qualified candidates will have at least five years of commercial lending (both C&I and Commercial Real Estate) experience ideally in our market, strong credit skills and a record of success in developing, maintaining and closing new business.
- Ability to utilize deductive and inductive reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to understand new information and apply it for future problem-solving and decision-making
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an Award Winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.