Company: U.S. LaboratoriesJoin the US Laboratories team and receive a $3,000 bonus!*
US Laboratories is seeking Mobile Phlebotomists at all experience levels to service our clients. Employment with US Laboratories means you'll never be stuck in a draw station cubicle again! These mobile, flexible positions include weekend, on-call and holiday coverage.
Experience Preferred but not Required
Have you spent countless hours and thousands of dollars pursuing a phlebotomy certification, only to be told that you need experience to qualify for employment? At U.S. Laboratories, we understand how frustrating it is to dedicate time, money and energy into a career, only to hit an employment roadblock.
We want to help you develop your freshly-acquired phlebotomy skills into a rewarding career!
WHAT US LABORATORIES HAS TO OFFER:
A job with US Laboratories will not only provide you with a career opportunity right out of school, but will also provide you weeks of paid training to develop your phlebotomy skills.
We also offer:
All of our positions are mobile, so employees visit multiple sites throughout the day and are not stuck at a stationary draw-site all day long.
Job Details: FT 30 hours per week
Shift: 3:00p-9:00p. M-F with rotating weekends, holidays and on-call
Completion of a phlebotomy certificate program and prior experience is preferred, but not required. Background and drug screening of every prospective employee.
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST QUALIFICATIONS
* Personable, friendly, team orientated
* Phlebotomy Certification preferred
* Internship or equivalent experience preferred
* Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
* Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
* Must have good driving record and use of reliable vehicle and auto insurance (mileage reimbursed)
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST POSITION SUMMARY
Under general supervision, collects blood samples from patients for laboratory tests and transports samples to lab or drop-off site.
Phlebotomy Essential Position Duties
- Follows established phlebotomy procedures for obtaining blood samples from patients.
- Properly identifies patients prior to servicing.
- Ensures that specimens are properly identified, in proper tube and accompanied by a completed requisition prior to sending to main lab.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates schedule with attention to priority of patient.
- Completes written logs, time sheets, and other required records in a neat and accurate manner.
- Maintains all equipment in good working order and reports problems immediately to supervisor.
- When on call, answers pages within established guidelines and is ready and available to work.
- Notifies dispatch of availability for further assignments.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established safety and OSHA guidelines.
- Notifies supervisor of any post exposures or accidents within established guidelines.
- Communicates with patients with compassion, respect, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Identifies and pursues self improvement needs.
- Performs other duties, including cleaning of company vehicles, as assigned
Phlebotomy Compliance Responsibilities
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Knowledge of medical laboratory operations.
- Proficient in phlebotomy procedures, techniques, including venipuncture, tourniquet application/removal, and decontamination of the puncture site.
- Ability to obtain blood specimens from patients under a variety of patient conditions.
- Ability to accurately record information concerning specimens.
- Proficient in written/verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral physician orders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, patients, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to take directions and conduct self in a professional manner.
Phlebotomy Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- High School diploma.
- Completion of an accredited phlebotomy training program, or adequate phlebotomy experience within the past year.
- Demonstrates clean driving record within existing company policy.
- Demonstrates current proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Valid driver's license.