With Connections, an IRIS Consulting Agency with Lutheran Social Services, a recent survey showed 90% of our staff feel supported by the team. One team member shared "I feel I can thrive in this environment. There is a lot of support from leadership and team members within Connections. I also feel valued, as leadership and peers often compliment on things doing well."
If you want to be part of this thriving team, consider joining Connections and Lutheran Social Services as an ICA Team Manager!
The ICA Team Manager coordinates the day to day work of establishing an LSS IRIS Consultant Agency (ICA) within specific locations, including training, supervising, coaching, mentoring and assisting in hiring the work of IRIS Consultant Agency (ICA) Teams (IRIS = Include, Respect, I Self-Direct); assuring state ICA contract requirements are met and exceeded within the ICA Teams; and providing leadership to the ICA Teams in outreach and development of needed community connections for the ICA and for the individuals served by the ICA. Empowers team to function as a self-directed team of professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Assists in hiring, mentoring, supervising and providing leadership to ICA Teams.
* Assures IRIS Consultants acquire needed learning to provide required, creative and flexible support to individuals served by our ICA.
* Provides leadership to assure state ICA quality requirements are met and exceeded by the ICA team.
* Provides direct support as an IRIS Consultant to a number of individuals served.
* Provides initial outreach to and development of connections with service organizations, community associations, and aging and disability organizations.
* Provides leadership to support ongoing outreach to and development of connections with service organizations, community associations, and aging and disability organizations by the ICA Team members.
* Provides leadership to the ICA Team to support the development of community connections and valued social roles for individuals served by our ICA.
* Provides leadership in assuring the cultural competence of the ICA Team.
* Reviews budget expenditures and works with ICA Teams to make necessary adjustments, if needed, to maintain fiscal integrity.
* Encourages ICA teams in taking responsibility and problem solving.
* Assists in development and ongoing responses to ICA service requirements, including but not limited to:
* Develops, coaches and leads a self-directed team of professionals.
* Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and assigns staff members or assists ICA Director with the process.
* Supports day to day functioning of ICA Director to ensure timely implementation and quality of the agency goals and strategies.
* Provides guidance and assistance to ICA Director in supporting their staff to ensure agency goals and strategies are meet.
* Ensures communication and implementation of agency-wide policies and procedures.
* Ensures effective use of human capital to meet best practice standards as well as ensure individual and staff safety.
* Respectfully addresses and resolves human capital issues including promotions, coaching, and other performance matters.
* Acts as a role model for employees to exemplify how to be an LSS Employee of Choice.
* Understands and communicates LSS mission, vision, values and best practices to all staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology, human services, counseling, nursing, special education, sociology or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a similar role working in social services or a closely related field that provides leadership in management or administration is required. Experience should include three years working with a similar population. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Master's degree in related field is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
* Long-Term Care Functional Screening Certification preferred
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 50%. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bachelor Degree or better in Hum. Serv. or Related Field.
Bachelor Degree or better in Psychology.
Bachelor Degree or better in Social Work.
3 years: Case Management w/ people with disabilities and frail elders
LT Care Func. Screener
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.