Analyze, review, negotiate and settle commercial general liability and construction defect claims of varying complexity in a thorough manner with minimal supervision.
- Analyze, review, negotiate and settle commercial general liability and construction defect claims of varying complexity in a thorough manner with minimal supervision.
- Assist in agency management by providing feedback to Underwriting.
- Establish and monitor reserves to adequately reflect the exposure, making appropriate changes as files develop.
- Participate in catastrophe team efforts (both inside and outside the regularly assigned territory), as well as the after-hours emergency claim response program.
- Focus on outstanding customer service for all customers.
- Examine policy coverage forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Conduct on-site inspections and interviews, as well as telephone and written correspondence, with claimants and policyholders.
- Occasionally manage litigated files with the assistance of the Legal Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3+ years previous property claims experience preferred.
- 2+ years previous Commercial Lines and construction defect claims experience preferred.
- Certificate in General Insurance preferred.
- AIC, CPCU, SCLA, CIC, or ARM designation(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of claims laws and coverages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Good keyboard/PC skills.
- Knowledge of Xactimate estimating software preferred.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.