Job Type:Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur's extended family.
The Operations Intern works closely with the Plant Leadership Team and other members of the production team on various tasks and projects to produce cheese and whey products and improve plant efficiencies. The Operations Intern may report to any member of the Plant Leadership Team, but typically to a Supervisor or Plant Manager. The responsibilities of Operations Intern vary based on assignments and department needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in various areas of plant operations including milk receiving, cheese make, drying, packaging, shipping, etc.
- Gather, accurately document and analyze Operations data.
- Learn to successfully operate all relevant equipment.
- Work on projects to improve process, plant and/or employee efficiencies.
- Collect follow-up data to determine the effectiveness of implemented process improvements.
- Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
- Acquire current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws related to Operations in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to run an efficient Operations department.
- Actively meet and speak with Operations employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
- Learn to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining accuracy.
- Successfully pass any assessments or tests required to work within the Operations department.
- Summarize and present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of internship, if applicable.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree or Master's program in a Dairy Science- or Agricultural Science-related program as a candidate for graduation.
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strive to exceed goals, and motivate self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Intermediate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, comparative analysis, measurements, statistical analysis).
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity