- Receives and interprets medication/prescription orders and enters them into the pharmacy computer system.
- Prepares medications for dispensing.
- Interviews patients to obtain medication histories.
- Performs duties related to medication ordering, receipt, stocking and inventory control.
- Performs medication and prescription billing activities.
- Performs clerical duties in the pharmacy to ensure efficient operations.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or approved program in Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Enrolled in the first or second year of a doctor of pharmacy degree program.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Effective multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must demonstrate integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Frequent fine motor motion of hands and wrists to operate keyboard and manipulate syringes.
- Will be frequently required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Will occasionally be required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Lifts, carries and/or pushes/pulls various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while utilizing proper technique.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, bend, kneel, climb and reach above shoulders.
- Must have functional speech, vision, touch and hearing.
- Will be exposed to chemical hazards.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.