Custodian II (Full-Time) 3rd Shift - $1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Bloomington, MN, USA
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
PURPOSE: This position is accountable for the performance of a variety of routine, physical tasks in maintaining the cleanliness of Mall of America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensure the overall safety of the immediate work area as well as surrounding areas
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service
- Checks and removes all trash from restroom
- High dusts vents, wipes down walls, vending machines and baby changing stations
- Using disinfectant clean all toilet bowls, wipes down all dispensers such as toilet paper roll holder, feminine hygiene product dispensers and all hardware around toilets
- Cleans all sinks, counter tops, vents, and mirrors
- Sweeps floors
- Wet mops cleaning corners, under sinks and around toilets
- Performs personal inspection to determine if restroom is ready for use.
- Provides directions to shoppers when asked.
- Empty trash containers, remove waste, and recyclable to appropriate location.
- Completes logs documenting equipment use
- Dust mop floors
- Align and set up furniture on food courts
- Deep scrubbing, stripping and waxing floors
- Clean escalators and glass
- Checks equipment prior to use, performs simple preventative maintenance according to schedule
- Operates power equipment associated with custodial duties
- Assists with snow removal when necessary
- Provides support and assistance to team member and other departments as request
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 3 months previous housekeeping experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the safe handling of equipment and materials used in custodial duties.
- Ability to perform some or all the physical tasks involved in lifting, scrubbing, sweeping, mopping and other custodial duties
- Ability to work variable and /or rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to understand simple verbal and/or written instructions.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand and move- Frequently, 90% of time
- Kneel and bend- Frequently, 90% of time
- Reach at or below shoulder level- Frequently, 90% of time
- Perform repetitive motion-Frequently, 90% of time
- Stoop/Squat-frequently, 80%
- Reach at or above shoulder level --Frequently, 80% of time
- Lifting/carry up to 20 pounds -- Occasionally, 30% of time
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs-Infrequently, 20% of time
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages- Infrequently, 10% of time
Pay Type: Full Time