|ID||2023-2098||Category||Production Operations||Division||Green Bay Mill Division|
Reporting to the Fiber & Utilities Superintendent, the Operations Superintendent is responsible for operation of a state-of-the-art fiber processing system which includes bale receiving and fiber blending, pulping and detrashing, coarse screening, forward cleaning, fiber fractionation, fine screening, reverse cleaning, thickening, and reject handling operations. The Operations Superintendent will focus on the areas of operational best practices, technology advancement, process improvement projects, cost improvement projects, capital justification, and planning activities.
* Manage and continually develop all safety and housekeeping efforts in the Recycled Fiber Plant and Bale Receiving Warehouse.
* Ensure environmental compliance and coordinate continuous improvement efforts.
* Increase process reliability, enhance product quality, and improve overall process efficiencies through trial work, experimentation, equipment optimization and training/education.
* Collaborate with Paper Machine Superintendent, Boiler Room & ETP Superintendent, and Maintenance Department with day-to-day operations.
* Coordinate maintenance efforts in the Recycled Fiber and Stock Preparation areas.
* Develop and implement fiber quality testing procedures to ensure the highest quality furnish to the Paper Machine.
* Manage the Chemical Program for the Recycled Fiber area.
* Develop the capital project plan for the Recycled Fiber area.
* Assist in short- and long-term maintenance budget planning.
* Shutdown scheduling and coordination for Bale Receiving Warehouse, Recycled Fiber Plant, Stock Prep and Process Water System.
* Support shift supervisors and production crews in daily operations.
* Participate in a rotating weekend duty schedule for the Operations area.
* Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science or other related field.
* Five years paper industry experience in a management position.
* A high degree of paper machine operations knowledge and its supporting systems.
* Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
* Possession of key competencies including conflict management, business negotiation, organization, analytical skills, and decision-making.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel.
* Ability to work with other departments to achieve GBMD's visions and strategies by motivating, inspiring and gaining commitment for a course of action that achieves results.
* Understanding of how to manage all aspects of operations (safety, environmental, vendors, production, purchasing, etc).
* Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
* Ability to communicate and educate others on complex process issues and statistical data.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) as well as experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
* Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
* Experience with Management and Union relations preferred.
* Ability to effectively manage, delegate, and mentor to obtain desired results.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, company matching 401(k), and an employee health & wellness clinic.
The Green Bay Mill Division is a vertically integrated paper mill that manufactures containerboard using 100% recycled furnish. The operation consists of one paper machine responsible for the production of linerboard and medium paper used to manufacture corrugated boxes. This family-owned mill is located near the mouth of the Fox River in Green Bay, Wisconsin.